JVC’s KW-AV50BT DVD receiver offers an eye-catching 7″ variable-color touchscreen display, a built-in DVD/CD player, USB port, built-in Bluetooth®, and lots of settings you can tweak. But, you can take your driving experience to the next level by using its HDMI input to connect select smartphones and tablets and use a variety of apps on the go.
What you need
The KW-AV50BT’s HDMI input lets you enjoy access to many of the apps on your smartphone or tablet directly from the touchscreen controls on the receiver. Here’s the lowdown on what you need depending on your smartphone:
- iPhone® 5, 5C, and 5S: You’ll need to connect the Apple Lightning™ to USB cable and an HDMI cable (sold separately) to Apple’s Lightning Digital AV adapter. Working with the iPhone 5’s Bluetooth, you’ll be able to mirror and control select apps on the KW-V50BT’s touchscreen display. Optionally, you may want to use a Lightning cable extender to give yourself more flexibility for phone location.
- iPhone 4 and 4S: Connect your iPhone 4 or 4S to the KW-V50BT’s rear USB and analog audio/video input using the JVC KS-U59 cable (available soon), and you’ll have access to JVC’s App Link Mode.
- Select MHL-enabled Android® phones: Once you download the JVC Control app on your phone, you’ll connect your Android to the JVC receiver with an HDMI/MHL cable, such as the JVC KS-U61 (available soon). After pairing the Android’s Bluetooth with the JVC, you’ll get app control on the touchscreen display.
With your smartphone connected, you can enjoy select navigation, driver assistance, video, and music apps — all of which can be controlled on the KW-V50BT’s display or by voice command.
Sights and sounds
You can customize the KW-AV50BT’s touchscreen layout and set the display colors that best suit your dash. JVC’s touch control lets you run your entertainment system with a few swipes to scroll through music folders, skip songs, and adjust the volume.
Once you’ve got the music you want, you can tweak it with the built-in 3-band parametric equalizer. If you’re adding amps, you’ll appreciate the three sets of 4-volt preamp outputs for super-clean audio.
Bluetooth gives you hands-free calling convenience, plus a wireless connection to the songs stored on your compatible music player. If you’re an Android user, you’ll really appreciate this receiver’s Secure Simple Pairing (SSP) technology. JVC includes an external Bluetooth microphone which you can place in a good spot in your vehicle for superior hands-free communication.
Got an iPhone with Siri? The KW-AV50BT supports Siri Eyes Free through Bluetooth, which means you can ask Siri to make calls, select and play music, compose and hear text messages, read notifications, even use maps and get directions — all commanded by your voice through the receiver. This convenient feature can make your drive safer and more productive.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities.
Pandora – iHeart Radio – Sirius/XM
If you enjoy Internet radio on your iPhone or Android, you’ll really enjoy playing music from Pandora® and iHeartRadio® on this versatile receiver. You can scroll through your stations, bookmark songs, and give a thumbs-up or thumbs-down right from the receiver’s face.
Apple apps: Pandora / iHeartRadio Auto
Android Apps: Pandora / iHeartRadio Auto
The AM/FM tuner includes the Radio Data System (RDS), so you get artist, song, and station info on the display. You can also take your radio experience to next step by adding the compatible SiriusXM tuner, so you can get the latest news, talk, and music from your favorite satellite radio stations wherever you drive. If you want to listen to Sirius/XM while navigating from your phone, you will need the Sirius/XM app ($4 extra per month).
Apple app: Sirius/XM Internet radio
Android app: Sirius/XM Internet radio
Use the rear analog audio/video inputs to hook up your favorite portable audio player, a camcorder, or another video source. This receiver boasts an audio/video output to send movies to a rear video screen, so your passengers will stay happy during the longest road trips. And, the KW-AV50BT’s dual zone capability means the kids can watch a movie in the back while you listen to your favorite music up front. If you’ve got a big vehicle, you’ll appreciate the input for a rear-view camera — helpful for when you’re maneuvering your vehicle in tight spaces.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle’s steering wheel controls to this JVC DVD receiver. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the JVC, and you’ll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the “Accessories” tab for compatible adapters.
- DVD/CD player with AM/FM tuner
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 7″ motorized touchscreen with angle adjustment
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- variable color illumination with over 30,000 choices of colors
- fits double-DIN (4″ tall) dash openings
- remote control
- display and command of select music, navigation, and other apps with iPhone and Android
- Pandora and iHeartRadio control with iPhone and Android
- Siri Eyes Free control for select iPhones
- Voice Command for select Android smartphones
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see “Details” for full capabilities)
- iEQ with 7 presets and 3-band parametric EQ
- high- and low-pass filters
- dual-zone audio
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, rear HDMI digital A/V input, rear analog A/V input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
The JVC KW-AV30BT & KW-AV50BT Smartphone Receivers require specific cabling, adaptors, firmware and apps to run. Please consult the following resources to insure your phone will be supported so you will able to enjoy the advanced features of your JVC receiver.
Apple iPhone 5 & 6 require an HDMI cable (PROVIDED WITH LOCAL INSTALLATION) as well as an Apple HDMI to Lightning adaptor (NOT PROVIDED) in order to use Smartphone Features.
Please consult the information below to insure your Android device is a “known good” device prior to ordering. ADC Mobile does not guarantee connectivity or operation on other devices not listed.
| Android Device must have below system requirements in order to use the “JVC Smartphone Control” function.
Not all Android Devices are compatible with the “JVC Smartphone Control” function, even if the above system requirements are met.
Please refer to the following list of the compatible devices.
*Samsung adapter (EPL-FU10BEBSTD or ET-H10FAUWESTA) is required (sold separately).
Visit www.samsung.com for information regarding your nearest authorized Samsung dealer.
Downloads: Firmware Updates | JVC Smartphone Control Page | Compatible Android Device Page | Connectivity Chart | JVC Car Apps
Website: Visit JVC's Website
In Stock?: Usually - CALL FIRST
Normal shipping time: Five days
Parts Warranty: One Year
Labor Warranty: LIFETIME
Options: Rear Camera | SiriusXM Radio | Video iPod Cable
- Data Cable
- Standard Kit
- Standard Harness
- Steering Wheel Controls (if present)
- Apple HDMI Adaptor Cable
- Data Module (if required)
- Amplifier Adaptors (JBL,Bose, Infinity, etc.) or other radio interface (data) adaptors
- Custom Kit
- Rear Camera
- Satellite Tuner
- Video iPod Cable
- Factory satellite radio (if present) is lost when factory radio is removed
- Some steering wheel controls may operate differently from factory functions
- USB/AUX inputs included - factory USB/AUX jack will not be active
Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given in /home/wottenaddealer/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custom-field-template/custom-field-template.php(4051) : eval()'d code on line 200
Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given in /home/wottenaddealer/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custom-field-template/custom-field-template.php(4051) : eval()'d code on line 202
Some of our products are prohibited from being sold or priced online, but if there is a PayPal purchase section below, you can purchase immediately using PayPal
If you are a local dealer, please Log in for installed dealer pricing.
If you are a LOCAL DEALER without login credentials, please contact us for access.
If you are outside the Seattle/Tacoma area and DO NOT see PayPal pricing below, please Log in using "paypal" as username and password to purchase, or call 253-297-4570 for credit card orders.
For product questions or to place an order, please email Walt via the contact form.